1. What is the motivation of LightLink ?
LightLink makes the server-side development for WEB2.0/Mobile application:
- As simple as possible. Create the server-side for your application at a speed of SQL requests creation.
- As technically efficient as possible. Perfect memory control with streaming, unmatched latency and performance.
- Going beyond plain REST as browser-to-server communication.
- Take full advantage of NoSQL capabilities of modern RDBMS (JSON types, User-defined types...)
All that leads to architectural simplicity, development time saving and to maintainability improvement (which is also a factor of simplicity)
Agree, but why do some people prefer Node.JS to Java ? Finally, NodeJS is still much slower then Java and Java frameworks (see https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/ ), even with non blocking IO, and even with MondoDB. Why NodeJS then?
Having a single programming language across the application is a good reason. It makes one skill less to pay. Also, many simple tasks are quicker to write in JS. When needed you can even execute the same code on the client- and server-side.
The server-side is still needed to provide security, perform some business operations/transactions and to generate the correct the database query. But it does not need to be as heavy as for WEB 1.0 applications.